Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Bittersweet

Today was my last City Council Meeting as Mayor of Grand Marais.  My term officially ends January 3, 2011.  I will miss being the Mayor. 

Thank you to all of the City staff, City employees, residents and business owners of Grand Marais for making our town a great place to live, work and visit.  Thank you for allowing me to represent you as Mayor and for making the job so rewarding.  I'm grateful for the experience and for everything I've learned. 

The conclusion of my mayoral term is bittersweet. On Tuesday, January 4, 2011, I will be sworn in as the Cook County Commissioner for District 3.  I look forward to representing District 3 (half of which is in the City of Grand Marais) and working for all the residents of Cook County.  If you're interested, check my new blog at http://www.cookcountydistrict3.blogspot.com/

Happy New Year! 

Sue Hakes